Saturday, May 8, 2021

Wheeler Marsh May3, 2021

I set out from under the tall bridge riding the river's natural current down to the marsh. The tide is already low and it is a good day with light wind from the east and a bright overcast that will make photography difficult.

A Bald Eagle crosses in front of me and perches in a tree on the east shore. I've seen Eagles perch there before.

I paddle up the innermost channel until I run completely out of water about a hundred yards or so past the tip of Cat Island. I see several Great Egrets, Yellow Legs and small Sandpipers. I return and head up Nell's channel. Osprey are on the Dock nest and might be egg tending. There are several Willets around, both seeing and hearing them.

I sight a Red Throated Loon in mid river on the return. Seems like a late date to being seeing one. They migrate through heading north.

No comments: