Thursday, December 4, 2008

Faunamania


45 degrees, sunny and calm. I planned to just get some exercise today and all of the birds and animals seemed to have the same idea. I spotted two mature bald eagles today. They seem to be a mating pair and from watching them they are definitely in the bay to eat duck. They were working over the whole bay. No strikes today, but I watched one of them glide low over a couple flocks of ducks looking for one that was talking on a cell phone instead of paying attention. In the photo is a kingfisher. I saw my first northern shovelers this fall, some common mergansers, five river otters and a merlin (small falcon), plus the usual bird ilk that hangs around. The lake was very clear and calm and I photographed some of the dangerous junk that has been dumped in the lake in past years.

No comments: