Thursday, August 26, 2010

as it should be

The day is gray and the weather is changing. This afternoon a small craft advisory is in effect for the Salish Sea area. The morning wind settles as I portage down to the big lake and I put in on pleasant silver-gray waters, paddling with the wind at my back as I head north. It has been some time since I've been in my canoe. My artwork has kept me very busy this month and one doesn't turn their nose up to such things in a field where so many seem to just struggle.
I have a fine tailwind.

The waves are small and the canoe moves with ease.

In the east channel of the burial island, the beaver scent mounds have been freshly dressed, new mud and wet tracks leading to the tops of the dirt piles. The musky odor of castoreum is there, but only when I get my nose up close.

Everything is as it should be.

No comments: